Verging On Pyjamas

17 November 2017

Hey guys, sorry for the lateness in this post. I've been so exhausted lately, and it's hard to write with a sluggish brain- shocking, I know. The past week was a fun week. One of my friends came down from university and we went to the pub, then I went to see Kinky Boots the next day, then I went to see my friend in Coventry. A week full of friends! Also by the way I'm obsessed with Kinky Boots- I just love musicals! They get me so pumped up and this one was just full of so many bops. If you ever get the chance I definitely recommend that you go. It's annoying because I'm just so desperate to go to all these shows and all these countries and I'm just so determined to fill my life with so many wonderful distractions but money is holding me back.

I've been trying to be more of an ethical shopper lately, although I keep throwing myself pity parties and buying clothes. One of the clothes being this new fake leather jacket. Makes me feel so hardcore when I wear it, like I never knew how empowering a piece of clothing could be. I didn't even set out to buy a leather jacker but here I am! Being a bad bitch in a leather jacket.The other week when I was in Brick Lane I got these tartan trousers, which I am obsessed with. The only thing is I can rarely be bothered to wear makeup, but it's quite important to put a lot of effort in when wearing these so I don't look like I'm in my pyjamas. Honestly though these are my go to trousers, I wear them out clubbing, chilling you name it- I'm in them. It's a bit annoying because I like to wear them with a belt, but the trousers don't actually have any belt loops but it works. Also annoying because they're a tiny bit too small- like when I'm pulling them up I need to do a little wriggle, but they're definitely worth it.

I feel a bit conflicted about my gap year at the moment, as I feel like I'm not going to have the chance to go travel with my friend and do Camp America, but doing Camp America has always been my dream, but the time me and my friend can travel doesn't work well with Camp America. It's not that they overlap, but job wise and gap year aim wise they don't mesh well. I just wish there was something I could do for a two months in America during January, but there's not. I'd like to have the summer at home. The more I think about things the more stressed I get, but I know everything will work out and I have loads of time to create new experiences and that I can't squeeze everything into this gap year. Although I know it, it's hard to truly believe it.

9 comments

  1. It's the trousers, I love them!! There are a pair on urban outfitters just like this which I'm dying for. That's so annoying about Camp America, I'm sure you'll find something will happen naturally and it'll work out. There's just not enough time in a year aha xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're such good trousers, so comfy!! Just so easy to look a mess in them as well though aha. There's no time in a year at all! Well there is but money kind of makes time seem lesser aha

      Delete
  2. Love this outfit gal - my friend did camp america this year and absolutely loved it, so its something I'd recommend doing if you can, as I'm sure you'd love it!

    Lucy | Forever September

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lucy! Camp America always does seem like such a good time everyone I know that's been says its amazing and can meet so many people!

      Delete
  3. this outfit looks sick!! Camp America and travelling sounds super cool, so either way Im sure youll have the best time!!

    Tasha x
    lovefromtasha.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've found that searching through the masses of depop to be a great therapeutic escape ;) I love this outfit and those creepers have given me flashbacks of 2013 when everyone at school would wear them to elevate their school uniform ahah. I remember my old history teacher mentioning camp america, this was in year 9, but then I searched it up and thought i don't want to be stuck at a summer camp when I could be living the real american dream. I've been searching up city breaks throughout the year and seriously, easy jet is really having some fab deals- Berlin in April is a £54 flight so deffo check that out if you want to travel!!!

    Dalal // monochromedaisies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah I will have a look! I'm scared of going by myself but I think it may have to be done! True the real American dream would be nice- to be fair one of my biggest motivators about going to America is going to cinema in America, not entirely sure why though. I am obsessed with my creepers but I know exactly what you mean ahah

      Delete
  5. I'm going to have a look! I'd love to go to America and properly explore x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I read them all and try my best to always reply x

© Libby-Jade. Design by FCD.