Mac Face And Body Foundation | Review

2 March 2015

All I wanted to today was blog. I didnt get to. At all. I need another Sunday and just to catch up on posts and things. Oh well, maybe I'll have time tomorrow. Anywho, hey.

For Christmas I got my first ever Mac product (SO EXCITING I think my next ever mac product will be a lipstick.. although I do really want their eye shadow. I need to stop spending money I don't even have). I got their Studio Face and Body foundation. I was inspired to get it by my friend because her skin always looks flawless (although she is blessed with amazing skin naturally) and I wanted skin that looked as good as hers. Also, its common knowledge that you cant really go wrong with any Mac product, so I asked for it for Christmas. But, when I asked for it, my sister told me how it would make my skin break out and she was very aggressive in the manner she told me, she could have been a lot kinder in the way she phrased it, but still. However, I  realised that she meant a completely different foundation than this one


So on Christmas when I received it I was so excited to wear it, but also a tad nervous due to the fact I was told my skin would horribly break out even though I know my sister was talking about a different foundation. Also, my friends mum is a makeup artist and she wouldn't let her use a bad foundation so I knew it would be a good one.

The first thing about this foundation that I found out, is that it smells glorious. Secondly, it's brilliant. It has a fairly light coverage I feel, but it can be built up if you want. This is the first foundation that I have ever used that I feel completely safe using as I know it matches my skin tone so well. (I'm shade N3 in case you were wondering, I feel so sophisticated knowing that). I really like this foundation. I like the way it makes my skin looks so natural and healthy and it lasts so well, especially paired with the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder. The only thing I don't like about this foundation is the price, although I do personally think its worth it, and the fact I can never get the right amount out. It is pretty easy to control since you just kind of squeeze it out, but I just never know how much I need. I don't want to overdo it because its expensive but then not getting enough is so frustrating too because when you go to get more out just ah it's annoying.
My face looks odd in the after picture, I think I stretched the picture weirdly to make it bigger.
Before and after! (with some concealer and powder though, but you get the jist of it)
I would really want to buy this again, but I have no job so I cant really splash out on expensive products like this all the time, but I do love it. Although, recently my mum has been wearing an Estee Lauder foundation and her skins looks absolutely amazing, so I might ask for that for my birthday. In case you wanted to know that.

If you can afford this foundation though, I  highly recommend it. It makes your skins look not exactly flawless but so healthy and natural and the type of face you want (I feel), and it doesn't cause any breakouts for me personally. You ca build up the coverage, but if you want something with heavier coverage I feel like there are better foundations than this though.

Thanks for reading and see you soon guys!:)

1 comment

  1. I used to be OBSESSED with this foundation! I used it for a year none stop, literally. Yet I still have loads of it left! Ahhh I really need to give it another go, it's so good for everyday! :D x

    www.pillarbox-post.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I read them all and try my best to always reply x

© Libby-Jade. Design by FCD.