The Riot Club | The Theory Of Everything | Dallas Buyers Club

8 March 2015

Okay, we're talking about films today because recently I've watched three films I've been dying to see: The Riot Club, The Theory Of Everything and Dallas Buyers Club. There are actually loads more I want to see, which I cant forget to watch this post just reminded me to write them down in my film list. There was no need to tell you that but I don't know, I like to keep comments like that in because it's me you know? Probably not, that makes no sense. Whatever, films. I realised as I was writing some of these that I don't really review films just kind of write 'it was so good you should watch it!!' so I'm going to try and do a better job.

Two first year students at Oxford University join the infamous Riot Club, where reputations can be made or destroyed over the course of a single evening.
I watched The Riot Club earlier today and holy moly. I love the actors in it, Sam Claflin, Douglas Booth and other faves were there. Most of the guys had amazing bone structure in it. The casting was amazing in my opinion because everyone played their characters so well and each portrayed them so well. I love Sam Claflin and usually my love for someone as an actor spreads out to the character their playing too, but oh my god not one part of me could love Alistair (also, fun fact, I've always wanted to name my future son that, even though this character slightly ruined the name for me for a little bit). The film is dark and I found it interesting the way they portrayed the rich, a bit over the top but it did get the idea of being spoiled nailed. I think this film is definitely worth watching, but there is a violent scene and the ending isn't very satisfying. Its not deep or anything, in my opinion, its made very obvious the message they're trying to get across, but its interesting. It kept me interested anyway.

Although, there was one scene that with a girl that was extremely rapey, although nothing actually happened, it really got to me. Not getting too deep or anything for this post, but sexual abuse terrifies me and seeing it in this context in the film scared me because the characters just didn't see what they were doing as wrong. I might talk about this in another post, its just woah man. 

I LOVE THIS PICTURE.
The relationship between the famous physicist and his wife.
The Theory Of Everything was incredible in my opinion. I had been dying to see it for ages and when I finally did I was no disappointed. Eddie Redmayne was fantastic in every way and seeing him slumped in the wheelchair made it hard to believe he was acting. I think that the casting and directing couldn't have been better and they way they transformed part of Steven Hawkings story to film really worked. It wasn't just about him or biased toward him in anyway, it didn't make me dislike anyone. It made me happy and sad and mad and it made me feel everything, I cried. I have no shame to say I cried. I was completely engrossed during the entire film. Steven Hawking and Janes (his first wife)story is amazing and so motivating. After watching it, for a good few hours I just didn't know what to do with myself I just felt so ..moved? Watch this film. It didn't change my perspective on life or cause a spiritual awakening or anything but it really did encourage me and certainly left a lasting impression. Its an extraordinary story. 

In 1985 Dallas, electrician and hustler Ron Woodroof works around the system  to help AIDS patients get the medication they need after he himself is diagnosed with the disease. 

After writing these I've decided I want to improve mt film reviews. I don't think these even count as reviews, I think next time I need to give more of a debrief of the film and maybe go into more depth?I'm not sure, let me know in the comments below! Also, if you've seen any of these let me know what you thought! See you guys soon :) woah that sounds so perky.

I'm sorry I've not been active much there's just a lot going on and I'm very bad at organizing but I will be here once a week don't you fret. Just in case you were. 

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I read them all and try my best to always reply x

© Libby-Jade. Design by FCD.