Celebratory GCSE Purchases

26 August 2015

Hi guys! Last week I got my GCSE results and I'm pretty happy with them all. There was only one grade I was a bit annoyed at but it was still a good grade and I know I worked as hard as I could have for that exam, it was just annoying because I know what bought my grade down and I was hoping I would have done better. And there were a few (well only two) I was really hoping to get an A* in but I think I was very close to an A* in one of them and either way, the grades were still good so overall I was very happy with my grades and as a 'well done' my Mum took me out shopping. A lot of my friends had a system where for each grade they got they would be given a certain price (one of my friends ended up with £400!!) but me and my mum stuck with shopping. I really want the Naked 2 palette but I think I might have to wait for that one because I definitely reached my budget in this shop.
I also got the black top in a stripy print as you can see here
I apologise for the difference of lighting in these pictures.
I was pretty lucky in Zara. I always forget how great Zara truly is, also their coats are gorgeous. From Zara I got two of the same tshirts, one just in plain black and one stripy . Firstly, these are ridiculously soft. They were either £7 or £8 each and let me tell you are they worth it, I have never felt a material so soft in my entire life. Plus, although they're very simple they're very easy to wear because they can be worn in so many different ways. I also got a longe sleeved (I think that's the right link) stripy top, because lets be real, you can't have enough stripy tops. Also, they're v-necks and who doesn't love a good ol' v-neck. 
Zara also had some pretty great skirts, for affordable prices! There were loads which I saw and just thought 'hm I wonder how much these would cost in Urban Outfitters'. I ended up buying a skirt that's sort of a suede material but not exactly suede, in this reddish colour. Loads of people have skirts like this in mustard and I was going to follow that trend, because I find those skirt adorable, but I don't think mustard is really my colour and I fell in love with this skirt as soon as I tried it on. I also got this tight fitting skirt which is very 60's (and let me tell you, I know about the swinging sixties fashion era because that's what my textiles coursework piece was based on and I made the most popping moodboard ever for it). I'm not exactly sure how I will wear this skirt, but I do know in summer it will be great and that it's absolutely adorable so when I do wear it, it will always be a good outfit.
Sorry for the difference in lighting, also the last top actually has a forest green colour but in the picture it looks kind of grey.
At American Apparel there was 25% off everything in store and online which was marvellous. I got a raglan sleeved crop top because a) I love that colour green and b) it's so easy to wear. The same goes for the red tshirt with the contrasting colour sleeves, I can imagine both of these tops going perfectly with skinny jeans, mom jeans, my denim skirt and dungarees. Best of all the worlds! I also got this jumper, which is much thicker than it seems (perfect for winter) and also goes with a lot. My only issue with this is that it was extremely hard to get over my head but I figured I will only have to put up with that task twice a day and for the beauty of the jumper, it is something I can definitely put up with.

Please excuse the awfulness of this little collage, it was very hard to snap these pictures and I don't have the stamina to go through it again. How annoying all my blog pictures have been pretty good recently, oh well. 
In Urban Outfitters I picked up about twelve million items of clothing (I probably could have found even more if it weren't for the fact all the clothes I was holding were inhibiting my searching skills) and ended up settling on these. The majority of my purchases today were focused around the question 'would these go well under dungarees and with my denim skirt' so I won't bother repeating after every item of clothing how I think they would go well with these other items of clothing. I'm really enjoying all these bold geometric prints that are coming back into fashion and high neck tops. Although, like the jumper I got from American Apparel, one of the tops I got from Urban Outfitters I also found quite hard to fit over my head, but it looks adorable on. Also looked great with my mom jeans.
I couldn't get a good full length picture of my dungarees so this one will have to do. I don;t understand why my camera keeps going so grainy at the moment
The whole shopping trip I had my heart set on finding a pair of dungarees, although I had found a pair in Zara I was waiting to see what other shops had to offer. In Topshop I tried on these dungarees and they looked good on, then I tried on the pair in black and they looked even better because the waist was smaller but then we looked at the size and saw the size was too small for me, even though it fit it was a bit too snug. We then spent ages deliberating over which dungarees to get and then my Mum went to try and get the pair of black dungarees in the size up and came back with black dungarees that were made out of cord rather than denim and after a lot of discussion, I decided to get that pair. Although I do love the classic blue dungaree look I just thought not as many people would buy the black cord pair and it went better with most of my dungaree tops. I also got a Jurassic World jumper because I need more jumpers in my life and because the film was great (in my opinion, although the whole time the woman was in heels which was a bit unrealistic, nobody can run that far in those shoes and in a skirt).


Then finally in H&M I just got this little yellow jumper. What would that go with you ask, well firstly, my new Zara skirt, and my dungarees and most other trousers. I know, I plan my clothes well. I honestly feel like I should become a personal shopper.

It's such miserable weather right now, I was meant to be going to Reading (the music festival) today but then I had to be home for enrolment days and stuff and at first I was worried I would be missing out not being at Reading from the very beginning but now I'm glad to be missing out camping in this weather! I hope you guys have all had a good week, and those that are going to Reading good luck with the weather for now!

32 comments

  1. Well done on your GCSE results and some great purchases. I love all the colours of the items and I especially love that Jurassic World jumper xo

    Emily | emsalice.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love the jumper too I wore it the other day and it was just so big and cosy!x

      Delete
  2. Well done with your results - so many nice clothes! I'm definitely going to keep an eye out for some of these bits when I go on my next shopping trip!

    Lucy | www.foreverseptemberr.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you! There are so many nice things out at the moment and they're all kind of ugly cute clothes, if that makes sense, which is probably my favourite type of cute!x

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on your results lovely <3 I love everything you bought! xx

    www.monochromeroses.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your results! I'm obsessed with all these items especially the red-ish skirt. I didn't realise how cheap the tshirts in Zara are I always imagined them being over £20.

    Olivia // BLONDE LA MODE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same, I always think Zara is so expensive then I go in there and am pleasantly surprised. I am so excited to wear the skirt, I have such a cute outfit in mind!x

      Delete
  5. Well done on your results! I love the dungarees. I might have to go and have a look in Topshop and Zara after reading this.

    Maddie // itsthatplacecalledhere.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my god yes go to Zara and you can be pleasantly surprised at all the wonderful clothes they have there! I love the dungarees too and they fit so well I'm so excited to wear them!x

      Delete
  6. ah loving all the clothes, and I wanted to go to reading but english weather had to ruin it so glad I'm not going lol! x
    http://www.catchingdreamsblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the weather if horrific but when I go it's meant to lighten up so I'm all good aha. I'm excited to wear my wellies though, I don't care what the weather is like imma be wearing my wellies x

      Delete
  7. Well done with your results! I'm very tempted to buy those tops from Zara now as they look so comfy!

    Nia xx
    Nia Elinor Mair | Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. congratulations on your gcse's! (even though i'm not entirely sure what they are haha; are they like test scores? i hear people mention them all the time, but i've never known) all your picks look great! and i love how your coordinate your purchases to match. i rarely do so hardly any of my clothes match :3 can't wait to see all the outfits you'll make out of these!

    http://hellokuo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah GCSE's are like big exams at the end of year 11. Ah thank you! I keep wanting to wear them but haven;t done anything exciting enough with my life to yet to require cool clothes aha x

      Delete
  9. Well done on your results , check out my blog please :)
    http://alwaysbeautyforever.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're so like me, you buy more tops than bottoms! Lovely haul though Libby, seems like your mum was really proud of you and you got some lovely things! I especially love the mustard jumper at the end!

    Bx
    beccaemilyx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like tops are more important though because like I can wear the same pair of jeans every day and it won't matter but the same top every day is too noticeable!

      Delete
  11. Ooh you got some lovely stuff, I especially love the skirts - I feel like I'm coming to recognise your style through your hauls in a way, which is really nice! And ikr, when we saw Jurassic World me and my friend spent more time commenting on her running FROM A T-REX in heels and the way her hair STAYED PERFECT than actually following the plot ahahah x

    bibli0philia.blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I don't know why that makes me so happy that you're learning my style but it does! Although I feel like I have a very mixed style but a the same time it;s not. I am so excited to wear the skirts and I have such a good outfit in mind for the red one I am so excited to wear them! I know oh my god in the film I was just watching it and just kept thinking 'this is so unrealistic' about basically everything other than the dinosaurs aha x

      Delete
  12. Well done for your GCSE's! You picked up some real goodies xx

    Lucy Cole | A UK Fashion, Lifestyle and Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on your GCSE results, hard work definitely pays off. You picked up some really lovely things xxx

    http://izzyk1998.blogspot.co.uk/
    http://izzykreviews.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I know, I'm so glad all that revision wasn't for nothing!x

      Delete
  14. I love all the items you bought. I definitely need a Jurassic World jumper, I am in love with the movie!

    <a href='http://sempiternaladventures.com> Sempiternal Adventures </a>

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah you should, it's so comfy! I somehow managed to spill pasta sauce all over it (or something that looks like pasta sauce, I'm not sure what it actually is) and have been waiting for it for ages to come out the wash!x

      Delete
  15. Cute cute cute :) Well done for you GSCE'S! Love that little yellow H&M jumper, so gorgeous!

    Edie x
    thelifeofedie.bogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Edie! I love the jumper but still haven't worn it, I don't know what I'm doing with my life aha x

      Delete
  16. Loving the yellow jumper from H&M, mustard and rust colours are on trend for the autumn! Zara truly is amazing, I only buy clothes from there aha!
    Dalal x monochromedaisies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want some jeans from there, my friend has a pair and they look so good. Ah, I never really keep up with fashion trends but I did think they would be good for autumn!:)x

      Delete

Thank you for commenting! I read them all and try my best to always reply x

© Libby-Jade. Design by FCD.