My First Pair Of Nikes

5 August 2015

Hey guys, so the other day I got my first pair of Nike trainers and oh my god they are beautiful. Remember that show Unfabulous that used to be on Nickelodeon with Emma Roberts and that one time she got a new pair of shoes (boots to precise) and because she was some kind of songwriting goddess she wrote that song about her new boots and it went like 'new shoes you rule, new shoes you ruuule' well basically, that's how I felt when I tried on these shoes.

From Urban Outfitters
You know how some people are just obsessed with shoes and know all these different types of trainers and brands and stuff? I'm not one of those people at all, I have very limited knowledge on trainers. On holiday one of my friends had the nicest pair of trainers I had ever seen and when I returned from holiday I was desperate to find a nice pair of Air Maxs like his.

During my search for them I was also looking for a pair of pink running trainers, which I am still yet to find. I thought I was successful in my search for both though, because Sports Direct were having a huge sale and I found a cute pair of blue Nikes and two pairs of exercise shoes which came to a total of £107 and I was pretty darn impressed, especially considering that normally Air Maxs cost £105 and I was able to find three branded shoes for basically the same price. Turns out I was unsuccessful though because neither of the exercise shoes were what I needed. The blue Nikes were okay, they were nothing special but they weren't ugly and for the price I figured I'd settle for them.


Then low and behold, I found these on Asos, they didn't have my size and I was pretty disheartened because 1) sale 2)they're beautiful. Then I copy and pasted the name of them into google and found the same pair on Urban Outfitters, where they were also sold out, but I carried on looking and that's when I found my current shoes. Not trying to be soppy or anything, but it was love at first sight. I felt like how I felt when I first saw my Docs or my New Balances, and I wear those shoes all the time so I knew these shoes were meant for me. I was debating whether to buy a cheaper pair from JD sports from the junior section but they were slightly different from the UO ones and were brighter and just weren't as cute, so I decided to splash the cash and buy the UO ones. It was actually a very stressful moment because I was very aware of the 'Hurry! Low in stock' on the UO website.

I know my legs are completely different colours in the different pictures but in the first picture the lighting was really bright
These shoes arent as comfy as I was expecting, I heard Air Max's are the comfiest things ever. Don't get me wrong, they are comfy (they do rub the side of my foot a bit though, but I think that's just because I need to loosen them) but boy are they pretty. They're exactly what I wanted and I feel like with the colour they can't be worn with everything, but I have so many ideas in my head and they're just so adorable I love them.

I can't believe I managed to write two paragraphs about my buying shoes story, to be honest I probably could have written 17 paragraphs, but I condensed it for you guys. See you soon!

16 comments

  1. Don't even joke, I also got new nike trainers! Yours are so much more interesting though, I really like them! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh nah Lauren, I love yours! Even though I haven;t seen them, if they're the ones I'm thinking of then yours are marvellous!!x

      Delete
  2. These look absolutely lovely and my favourite colour!! I'm so jealous, thank you for sharing <3

    Love Charlotte xxx
    scarletslippers.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I love the colour! I usually remain very neutral with shoe colours but decided to get a funky pair of trainers :)x

      Delete
  3. Oh my gosh I love these Libby they are absolutely beaut!!! I loved the Emma Roberts Unfabulous reference, I'd completely forgotten about that show but now I have the new shoes song stuck in my head!! Seriously though, these shoes are gorgeous and I hope they break well for you because it would be such a shame if they were uncomfortable. Great post, and also, loving the tan from France!!!

    Bx
    beccaemilyx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whenever I get new shoes that song always pops into my head, it's like become a part of me now aha. I have been wearing them a lot and sometimes they rub and sometimes they don't, it's weird, but oh well I love them! Ahh thank you, I thought it was fading a bit but then my sister was like WOAH YOU'RE SO TANNED and I was just like well that is exactly what I wanted to hear!x

      Delete
  4. they're so pretty! buying shoes is just the best thing haha x
    http://www.catchingdreamsblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I used to never really care but now shoes are so much more important to me!x

      Delete
  5. ahh i used to watch unfabulous too(: and i'm so impressed by your perseverance, no joke. i give up so easily when i search for clothes online--kudos to you. i love the bright color as well. it's well suited to your skin tone(s) ;)

    http://hellokuo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahaha thank you, I know my legs look like two completely different people! Ah no, once I want something, I want it. I'm still trying to find a pair of green doc martens shoes, even though all I can find are boots, I'm still trying!x

      Delete
  6. Love the colour your Nikes <3 And I'm sorry to hear that they are not as comfy as you thought! :( I have two pairs of Nikes and strangely the cheaper pair seems to be more comfortable for me. Hopefully yours will get more comfy as you start to wear them more :) xx

    Jacqueline | Sail Away to Neverland ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I've been wearing them a lot and sometimes they hurt and sometimes not, but it's not an unbearable pain just a little rubbing but hopefully eventually it will go! Thank you :)x

      Delete
  7. Love the Nikes!! Specially the color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I never usually get bright coloured shoes but I saw these and was just like man I need them!x

      Delete
  8. I love the colour!

    http://lxdia.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I read them all and try my best to always reply x

© Libby-Jade. Design by FCD.