A Simple Outfit

2 August 2015

I wear this type of outfit a lot. A plain baggy top that belongs to my Dad with a long necklace and skinny jeans, so I figured I'd show you guys. It's a really easy outfit to wear and I feel like it just always looks nice. I could make it fancier by wearing my Vagabonds but I wanted a kind of scruffy look this day so I opted for my doc martens that I have had for a very long time, but I like that look when shoes aren't all shiny and new. Well, I do but as these shoes have got more scruffy I still love them and I certainly have not been wearing them enough recently. It's weird thinking about it because I got these three years ago and used to wear them all the time, during winter I wear them a lot though because of the lining.
Tshirt- Next
Jeans- Topshop
Necklace- Urban Outfitters (similar)

It's quite a scruffy outfit but with a white top and non ripped jeans it can look smarter, especially if you tuck the front of the top in. My favorite tops of my Dads are his v necks but I really like the colour of this one. Also, I'm not sure if you remember but for ages I wanted funky socks. I don't have as funky socks as I want (Asos have some really groovy ones but I need to wait till I have a job before I buy those even though they're not that much more expensive) but these ones from primark are doing well. The ones I'm wearing here are my favourite, but you cant really see but they have triangles on them. I really want socks with pineapples on them. The thing with funky socks, in my opinion is with any neutrally coloured shoes they go so well and they can really make any simple outfit more special. In this case they didn't make much of a difference, but I don't know, I just really love bold socks. I think the thing that makes this outfit seem less 'lazy' is the necklace. I wear this necklace all the time, I think it's time I get a new one soon. I really want a crystal necklace and I'm tempted to make one, like how Tasha  (from Catching Dreams does) does. I know you can get them in Urban Outfitters, or at east you want to, but if you make it yourself it can be any colour crystal and I just really like the idea of making one myself. 

Socks- Primark
Shoes- Doc Martens (can't find exact)
I wore this just to go to the cinema and see some friends, we went to see Magic Mike 2 and I bought a huge thing of popcorn and my friends hardly ate any and I basically ate the entire thing. I love popcorn I was kind of tempted to take the rest home. 

22 comments

  1. I literally live in jeans and a simple top, it's so much easier and much more comfier. I love the necklaces. Also, I can relate so much to the popcorn situation, my friends only have about 5 pieces leaving the rest for me haha.

    Olivia // BLONDE LA MODE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Especially because a large was only like 30p more so I was like HELL YEAH I'LL GET A LARGE. I forgot how much I love the cinema though, although it is really expensive but I like to go to the cinema for intense films or action rather than something romantic or funny or whatever. Thank you!:)x

      Delete
  2. I love this outfit so much, you're so tan after France! Your room is really cute as well :) I added you to my list of favourite blogs if you look at the top of my blog!

    Edie x
    thelifeofedie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my god thank you so much Edie! And thanks, I feel like my tan has faded a lot now though and earlier I waxed my legs and now they're also less tanned but at least they're nice and smooth I guess!x

      Delete
  3. What a cute outfit! It looks perfect for a laid-back day. Your Doc Martins and necklaces go perfectly ♥
    Amy xx

    Little Moon Dragon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wear this necklace all the time I think I might need to invest in another one that's sort of similar just so I can spice things up a little. Thank you Amy :)x

      Delete
  4. Love this look!! Definitely think I'm gonna have to invest in some docs soon x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my god you should, honestly they should sponsor me because, if you needed persuading, I could easily give you a list as to why you should buy them. But yes, go for it because let me tell you they may be pricey but they last ages (as long as your feet don't grow; my feet haven't grown since year 8 and I have no idea if that's normal or not) and will always be in style!!x

      Delete
  5. love simple outfits like this, and thanks for the lil shoutout! you should so make your own necklace! :) x
    http://www.catchingdreamsblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will make my own necklace one day and it will be magnificent!x

      Delete
  6. Love, love, love this outfit Libby!!! It's so simple but it looks so effective, I absolutely love your fashion sense, it's completely different to mine but I absolutely love it!! I also love your room, it's super duper cute!! Great post as always Libby x

    Bx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you so much Becca (you can't see but I'm smiling right now) x

      Delete
  7. I love casual outfits like this so much! I especially love your necklace, and I totally understand your obsession with funny socks. As I've gotten older I've started liking wearing funny socks more than when I was younger (which I feel like should be the other way around, but whatever, haha). Great post!

    http://melissapcooper.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) ahh I've always liked fun socks but my Mum always bought boring ones for me when I was a kid but now I can buy my own stuff and oh my god I was on Asos and I literally found 10000 socks that I wanted x

      Delete
    2. Me too! I basically grew up wearing plain white Hanes socks. I don't know if you've ever heard of ModCloth before, but they also have TONS of cute socks on their website!

      Delete
  8. Wow, I love love love your outfit. The jeans with the shirt, sheos and necklaces PERFECT! You look absolutely amazing :)

    yellowpumpkiin.blogspot.de/2015/07/a-90s-inspired-look.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know, its always interesting seeing peoples everyday outfits;especially if you normally only get to see them all fancified. And im a big fan of crazy bold socks too! Unfortunately i cant buy too many because im an even bigger fan of bold sneakers so i cant do what you said and pair them with neutral shoes haha

    http://hellokuo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I love seeing what people usually wear and just like seeing every aspect of their style! Ah, I have pretty neutral shoes, although the other day I got a pretty bold pair of trainers so I understand your struggle!x

      Delete
  10. omg I love love love your style <3 its such an effortlessly stunning look xx

    www.monochromeroses.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it's so easy and I love how even though it is so effortless it does't look slobby by either!x

      Delete
  11. I love this outfit, simple yet stylish. My favourite socks are the ones with ruffles, normal socks are boring.

    Sempiternal Adventures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like knitted socks, in winter over a pair of tights and my friend has this pair of socks with pom poms on them and oh my god they are so cool!x

      Delete

Thank you for commenting! I read them all and try my best to always reply x

© Libby-Jade. Design by FCD.