Best Parts of 2016

4 January 2017

2016 Recap
Hello! Happy new year and I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. I can't believe it's 2017, so much is going to happen this year. I got a levels, university, my sister is having a baby. I would say my 2017 goals, but honestly they're pretty much always the same. Get back into exercise, I'm determined to get strong enough to do at least 5 pull ups. At the moment I can just about do one, how am I meant to hold my niece/nephew with such weak arms! And also to be a regular blogger, in my mind I have a rough plan on how I will do that, whether it works out is another story. Oh another goal is to get good at wearing heels. Adventurous I know, but I am a weakling when it comes to heels but hopefully by the end of this year I will have moved away from the small pair of chunky heels that I always wear.

I thought I would do a round up of 2016, but then figured if it was a roundup it would have to be in chronological order and I have no idea what happened when so I'll do highlights of my year. Wow, it's really hard to pick the first one because I feel like it will be the most significant one but I can't think of  anything anymore and don't want to be judged for whatever I think the best part of 2016 was for me, so I have decided to just dive in.
  • My sister got pregnant.
  • I finally saw Twenty One Pilots in concert, as well as Years and Years and many other great bands.
  • I discovered Honest Burger, possibly my new favourite restaurant, it is very hard to find gluten free onion rings, let alone ones that taste that good!!
  • I got closer with some of my friends and made new ones. It's nice to solidify friendships, and reach the 'best friend' stage.
  • I went to Athens with my college, possibly one of the best trips of my entire life.
  • I met (well technically we met in 2015 but I never really spoke to him) my boyfriend (oh so cringey typing that) Michael and he's pretty cool
  • I went to Reading festival and had an incredible time. To be honest, I think just the summer in general was super fun for me.
  • I sent off my UCAS
  • I discovered some foods and learnt how to make spicy cauliflower. Not that big a deal but oh boy do I love spicy cauliflower
  • I rediscovered how much I love English lit. During first year a-level I hated it, now I can't get enough of it

It is always a constant struggle of mine to find photos. Oh but exciting stuff, maybe not to you but hey ho, I have ordered a planner (after seeing how great Lucys looked). Maybe 2017 will be when I become organised. So far not, but we're only four days in, so it doesn't really count. Also funny stuff whilst looking through pictures, I remember last year new years I took a photo of me kissing my friend on the cheek and, not to brag, but my bone structure looked so good and throughout January to March, I have a bunch of photos of me kissing my friends on their cheeks, attempting to recreate the perfect bone structure photo. It never happened again though. 

6 comments

  1. Congrats on all the amazing things from 2016!! Hope you have an amaze 2017 xox

    http://lovefromtasha.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your year seemed so great ahh...all those concerts! I hope 2017 is just as lit :D
    Dalal
    monochromedaisies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

  4. PS: I would like to invite you for my giveaway and would be much appreciated if you would join:) http://www.bridgeofmemories.co.uk/2017/01/wsdear-giveaway.html#comment-form

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so lovely!! 2016 sounded like such a good year, 2017 will be even better I'm sure x x
    www.lexiealexandra.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww congrats to your sister - oo I'm glad you bought the planner, I think you're going to love it! Heres to an amazing 2017!

    Lucy | Forever September

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I read them all and try my best to always reply x

© Libby-Jade. Design by FCD.